News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: pain all over abdomen

bellaboop - Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:40 pm

Help please:
Three weeks ago I had serious hip pain for two days. Then woke up the next morning and could not move the pain in my abdomen was so bad. Was in bed for three days only leaving to use the bathroom. Elevated temp of 100. The pain then moved to lower right side but was not severe. Have not been able to eat for two weeks now. The pain is almost all gone but is coming back in my hip. Severe pressure in pelvic area when I bend, and slight feeling of pressure when I walk. Only a couple episodes of the paid shooting up the lower back. No nausea, vomitting, diarrhea or constipation.

Doctor did pelvic exam and pressed on abdomen. Found severe pain on left side when he pressed, but that's the only time it's hurt there. Found a lot of blood in urine. All blood tests were normal. Have lost 19 pounds since start of this. Doctor put me on anitbiotic. The pressure is bothering me quite a bit, but the hip pain worries me that it's going to start happening again. Pressure and no appetitie and very tired and hip pain are what's left from this episode.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:26 pm

User avatar Hello,

In women right lower quadrant pain could be a manifestation of pelvic inflammatory disease, acute salpingitis, ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts, abscesses and tumors.

In the case of actue salpingitis pain is usually bilateral adnexal but later, may be generalized. The pain gradually becomes worse. Nausea and vomiting may be present.

Cervical motion on examination elicits tenderness. A mass may be felt by the doctor if tuboovarian abscess is present. Ultrasound can rule out the presence of a tubo-ovarian abscess.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here