News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: pain below ribs

natbat - Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:21 pm

i think i posted something in the wrong area.. this forum seems to better suit it.. so i'll copy and paste what i had said :roll:

hey, i'm new to this board... i found it through googling and was hoping someone could possibly answer my questions.
here's what's been going:
last may i had severe stomach pain, to the point i would almost pass out or actually would. i couldn't keep food down and i could barely even move because it'd just aggrevate the pain. that lasted me a few weeks all the while i also had hives covering my entire body.. so, the focus was pretty much on that and not on my stomach pain. i did do an ultrasound back then and never heard a word about it.

a few nights ago i got the very same pain.. and again today. i'm wondering if it's cause for concern or not because i can't just go to the doctor's when i feel like it. it's a very difficult situation. as well, it just happens now and then.. it's not constant other then lasting about 5 hours or so.. then it goes away.
i don't vomit now, i can move around and it's not as bad as it was in may.. although it's bad enough that i have to hold my stomach to lessen the pain. stretching it helps as well. i feel a bit of a more so tender spot on the left side under my ribs.. as well, afterwards i felt a bit bloated and gassy.. kind of.. i still haven't eaten yet and it's now 6pm. i have a complete loss of apetite. the whole thing lasted over 4 hours..
what couldt his be? in may the only explanation i got was possible gallbladder attacks.. but i thought that was on the right side? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
 natbat - Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:11 pm

anyone? *blinks* it's now beena day and i still have a total loss of apetite although i force fed myself... wasn't tasty, but at least i ate. i got the pain again last night although it was dull and mild in comparison..

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here