News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Right Upper Quad Pain

kiddolxxi - Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:04 am

I have been having RUQ pain for 2 days now .. it is constant and isn't going away.. I had a cholecystectomy in Nov of 01.. the pain I'm having is similar to that pain. I went to the ER yesterday morning and they said all my blood work and urinalysis was good, but the pain persists and is now mid upper abd.. started just below rib cage on right side and is now in both places, but not as severe. I also have no appetite, and diarrhea after i eat which has only been twice in the past 3 days.. the ER doc said he thought it was a cyst on my ovaries but i don't have lower abd pain at all. Please help.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:48 pm

User avatar Is this pain, dull aching or colicky and you feel your bowel movements? Are there any other associated symptoms like fever, nausea? You mentioned that you have diarrhea after you eat, did you mean loose stool, since you have said that it is twice only in the last 3 days? Is it of bad odor ?
Pain in the upper mid abdomen and RUO that is associated with anorexia, and loose stool after you eat, is probably due to gastroenteritis. Your blood test and urine analysis were normal, but you need also to do a stool analysis. And if your temperature is rising you better repeat your blood test. If you have diarrhea you have to take care of enough fluid intake to avoid being dehydrated and you better consult your doctor to receive the proper medications.
The pain caused by Ovarian cysts although can be associated with anorexia and diarrhea, but they are felt in the lower abdomen. And if the pain is in the lower right side of the abdomen, appendicitis also is to be excluded,
Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here