Question: Right Upper Quad Pain

kiddolxxi - Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:04 am

I have been having RUQ pain for 2 days now .. it is constant and isn't going away.. I had a cholecystectomy in Nov of 01.. the pain I'm having is similar to that pain. I went to the ER yesterday morning and they said all my blood work and urinalysis was good, but the pain persists and is now mid upper abd.. started just below rib cage on right side and is now in both places, but not as severe. I also have no appetite, and diarrhea after i eat which has only been twice in the past 3 days.. the ER doc said he thought it was a cyst on my ovaries but i don't have lower abd pain at all. Please help.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:48 pm

User avatar Is this pain, dull aching or colicky and you feel your bowel movements? Are there any other associated symptoms like fever, nausea? You mentioned that you have diarrhea after you eat, did you mean loose stool, since you have said that it is twice only in the last 3 days? Is it of bad odor ?
Pain in the upper mid abdomen and RUO that is associated with anorexia, and loose stool after you eat, is probably due to gastroenteritis. Your blood test and urine analysis were normal, but you need also to do a stool analysis. And if your temperature is rising you better repeat your blood test. If you have diarrhea you have to take care of enough fluid intake to avoid being dehydrated and you better consult your doctor to receive the proper medications.
The pain caused by Ovarian cysts although can be associated with anorexia and diarrhea, but they are felt in the lower abdomen. And if the pain is in the lower right side of the abdomen, appendicitis also is to be excluded,

|