Question: Sometimes hurts when I swallow...

bharata_haridasi - Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:05 am

Dear Doctor,

I am a 40/year-old female with no known illnesses. I have trouble swallowing and it is scary. It feels as if a rock is passing through my chest area when I eat. This does not happen all of the time but it is becomming more common. I have no medical insurance for now so a doctor's visit is out. In three months, I should be able to get insurance from a job I just started.

Thank-you
 Mzjournalist - Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:23 pm

Hey there.. Look, I'm not a doctor or whatever, but THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO ME.. I have been to the doctor on SEVERAL Occasions for the same problem.. When I went, they told me it could be a number of things, but then when he looked at me, he said that my tonsils were swelling so large that when I swallowed, it was causing me severe pain. In fact, it was horrible because I didn't even have to be eating anything to feel it, I could just be simply swallowing saliva or just sitting and clearing my throat or something, and it felt as if something was STUCK. They gave me a sore throat spray (it didn't work), and then some penicillin (it worked for the time being), but it came back in a few months. My best friend is a med student and she said check to see if you have any more symptoms besides the swelling of the throat (ear aches, difficult breathing, etc..) She said that a sore throat can be caused by several things and the more symptoms she knows, she can give you a better answer..

|