Question: Abodominal Pain in my right side only

Mbthin - Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:26 pm

Ok, this is my first time posting and for the record..I NEVER go to the doctor....but am tomorrow for this problem. My menstrual cycle ended about a week and a half ago and that is exactly when this problem started. It comes and goes depending on how much physical activity I do. When I go walking around the grocery store for twenty minutes, I get this stabbing then almost like a burning feeling down in my abdomin area only on the right side. After I go sit down it usually takes hours before that pain goes away...sometimes I can feel it the next day still..just not as painful as when I was walking around.

Well it stopped hurting for the past three to four days, so last night I got on the treadmill (usually I stay on the treadmill for 45 minutes to an hour) and I only lasted 30 minutes before I was in soooo much pain I had to get off and sit on the floor next to the treadmill hunched over holding my right side for an hour to two. All day long at work today, everytime I walked anywhere I felt that burning/ stabbing pain again in my right side.

I had a hernia when I was two on my left side, and this pain on the right side is in the EXACT same spot on the other side as my scar from my hernia....I don't know what it could be and I am in a seriously large amount of pain...

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what's wrong with me?? I know I go to the doctor tomorrow, but I just want a "clue" as to whats going on with my body... :?:
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:19 am

User avatar Mbthin,
I don't think this pain has anything to do with your previous hernia. Like any other pelvic pain it can be related to uterus, ovaries or bladder. The right lower quadrant is also the seat of pain originating from the appendix. I am happy to know that you are going to the doctor. Clinical examination will be the only way to reach a diagnosis.

Mbthin - Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:44 pm

Well I went to the doctor today and she did just about every test a doctor could do and could only think that my appendix needed to be removed. She wanted a surgeon at the local hospital to check me out to be absolute sure, so I spent from 3pm to 10pm at the hospital. They did more exams, tests, ultrasound, and cat scan....and found nothing wrong...I went home sicker than when I arrived this afternoon. Now STILL with the pain in my lower abdomin AND now diahrrea (sp?), vomitting, and a severe migraine...I didnt tell the nurse I felt worse casue I had already spent seven hours there..and didnt care WHAT I HAD TO DO to get the HELL outta there...

Will my abdomin pain just go away by itself?? Or what do I do??? They did every test they could on me today and found nothing..absolutely NOTHING wrong with me...

????????????????
don't know what to do now...but I wont be going back there..thats for sure
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:05 am

User avatar Hello Mbthin,
I really cannot comment on the examination or the tests because I don't know which tests they have done. But I trust that if there was anything that was clinically detectable they would have found it. For now I suggest taking OCT analgesics. If your symptoms get worse of new ones appear let me know.

|