News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: really scared

jaime4297 - Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:23 pm

hi i have written about this already i now but i haven;t really gotten any response. this poping/ clicking in the right side of my neck when i swallow. it i really scaring me, i went to the doctors again this morning to tell him about it. he just does not seem to think it is anything, well it has to be something. i am going to get a CT scan of my nexk but i am scared out of my mind. If anyone has ever heard of this beofre PLEASE LET ME KNOW. The ent did check my ears and they were clear.

thanks
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:53 am

User avatar Hi jaime4297,
Audible clicking or popping noises in the throat or neck associated with discomfort may be related to a portion of the thyroid cartilage which is asymmetrical or not lined exactly. A careful physical exam and CT scan would identify this problem. Try to stay calm. Don't automatically consider the most "horrible" or serious conditions before the more explainable ones are even ruled out.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 jaime4297 - Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:20 am

i just had a barrow swallow done yesterday would that show if thee is something horrible?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:40 am

User avatar Hi jaime4297,
Barium swallows are used to identify narrowing in the esophagus or gatstrointestinal tract, hiatal hernias, tumors etc. If the test results came back normal you can be relatively sure that these are not the problems. Try not to be overly concerned. Wait for the CT scan evaluation/results.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here