Question: Liver Problem? Itchy Hands and Feet??

margo - Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:54 pm

I was having sharp pains in my right side around Christmas time, so my Doctor had me go in for an ultrasound. The ultrasound revealed spots on my liver and kidney, so they had me go in for a CT scan. The CT scan revealed that there was something in my liver (and cysts in my ovaries). The Dr then sent me to a specialist who ran some blood tests to make sure I didn't have hepatitis or celliac disease. He also did a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. They then told me to come back in 3 months and have another CT scan to see if whatever is in my liver grows any larger, but it didn't look like cancer from the scan. Since then I still have pains in my right side, it is not sharp pains anymore but more of a dull pain that I notice more when sitting or if I roll on that side in bed it will wake me up. I asked my Dr about it, and he said that maybe I had pulled a muscle since I had recently been very sick with a stomach virus. In the last week my hands and feet have become very itchy, like a burning itch. I have not used any new lotions, hair products, or anything else I can think of that might irritate my skin. There is no rash, they just itch really bad. I also have been getting these wierd, almost like acne but no quite, things on my nose and under my eye. Is this anyway related to what might be going on in my liver? Has anyone else experienced this? I should also mention that when I went to the Dr last week, I had lost 25 pounds since Christmas (wihout trying).
 SunshineGirl - Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:16 pm

I typed "itchy hands" into Google and found this website via a question posted by Margo. I have her EXACT symptoms - itchy hands and weird, almost acne-like bumps on my nose and under my eyes. Did she receive a response to her question? I'm a 42 yo female in good health.

|