News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Stomach cramps/pains, bloating, gas, etc 12+ months

sunshinenz - Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:12 pm

I've been told that i have Constipative predominat IBS, yet after being told that the pain is worse and now happens daily.
Bloating all times of the day, cramping to the left hand side of tummy button, and just under the ribs, nausea often.
I have found i cannot eat onions, potatoes and atrifical sweetener...and im beginning to think something in some breads as well.
This has been happning now for 12 or more months, and its really bugging me, its not a critical enough condition to go to the hospital as they will reject my case and send me back home, im sick of having to get more medication, and pay for more visits as it costs too bloody much, and its not convient.
Is there anything else this can be, as the doctors here don't seem to care and they seem only to see me for more $$.
 sunshinenz - Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:17 pm

in that 12 months, i have put on about 10kgs, and im disliking my own self image because of this weight, and i cannot seem to get it off, i got rid of 1 nearly 2 kgs then put on 3kgs.
I just cannot win, and why arent doctors helpful??????? :cry:
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:11 am

User avatar Hi sunshinenz,
Here is a link to a webpage on IBS. It has a general overview, some treatment and self care ideas, managing stress, lifestyle and diet changes etc. People who suffer with IBS need long term treatment resolutions not just short term goals for treatment. You may also want to consider joining a community support group if one is available in your area.
Click here
I hope you find this somewhat useful.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here