Question: Knot In Upper Left Abdomen

Tconner - Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:35 pm

I have a knot that pops up from time to time in my upper left abdomen right below my ribcage. I usually run fever when this happens and it's happening more and more
frequently. It feels like it's the size of a softball. What could this be and is it something
serious?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:54 am

User avatar Hi Tconnor,
Is the softball size mass soft? Does it feel like it is pulsating? If the mass is soft, comes and goes, and there is no evidence of pulsation, I would be inclined to consider a hernia which if this is the case will continue to enlarge unless treated.

|