News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Pain under left rib cage

IcedTeaRulz - Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:27 pm

I'm female. I have pain under left rib cage for maybe three years. After eat meal, walk around the store, outside, zoo, etc and stand in the line for cashier, it was VERY painful and feel swollen inside below left rib cage. I sat down and it went away for maybe five minutes. Is it gall bladder or what? I was informed that it might be fatty liver, huh? Fatty liver can go with pain? PLEASE help me with response.

Thanks.
 IcedTeaRulz - Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:29 pm

Hello, anyone??? :(
 bluestreak - Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:09 pm

Hi,
I'm not a Dr, but have been through all the tests for gallbladder problems. Your gallbladder is on the right side, right under the ribs. From what I've read possible causes for left sided pain--if your not having any right sided pain...is spleen, liver or gastrointestinal, possibly something as simple a gas...or possibly Irritable bowel syndrome. Would recommend going to a Dr just to make sure it's nothing serious...

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here