Question: Chronic stomach upset and some chest discomfort?

NeedHelpscared - Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:15 pm

Hi. I Since this past Sunday, I have had an upset stomach. First it started as an upset stomach that wasn’t very bad, then got annoying enough to keep me on the sofa. After I went to a friends and went to go get some cola syrup, I noticed a magnet displaying warning signs for a heart attack. They had stomach pain or naseua, chest discomfort, pain in the back, arm or neck, and some other symptoms. After this I became very nervous and my heart started beating rapidly, probably because of the panicking. I am 16 years old, and don’t think I could have a heart attack, but I’m not sure. The pain in my stomach is a feeling of constipation, andI feel like my stomach is tight. I don’t want to let it loose, kind of sucking in. When I stand up, the pain is worse, but when I sit down, it is better. I have some chest discomfort, or maybe I’m making it up in my head. It isn’t sharp but feels like I need to burp but can’t, or a slight throbbing small sharp pain. Mostly it is just like pressure. . Please tell me I m going to have a heart attack!!!

Could I wait two days to go to the doctor? It’s the weekend. Can I do some sort of physical activity? I was wanting to play paintball. Ever since I read the symptoms, I’ve been very stressed out, reading and reading on the internet about symptoms, missing schoolwork etc. Please help me. I don’t think this stress is very good for me.

Thanks very much.
btw I have some slight sensations in my right arm sometimes, maybe I'm making symptoms up in my head because im nervous. Don't know.

the stomach pain has been about five days now, all of the sudden.
 NeedHelpscared - Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:21 pm

forgot to say, when I have the chest discomfort, it feels like an anxious discomfort. Other times I feel like I have to burp really bad, but I can't and it makes it worse. Sometiems I get a feeling like crawling up my throat. The chest discmfort lasts for 10 minutes or so, then goes away, coming back and going.

Ok. Basically I wanted to clarify that my throat is now acting up. It feels like there is something in it, a sort of aching feeling. Also, I'm having some slight pains at various spots on my body, that happen for just a second then vanish. I do think that if I had not seen that refrigerator magnet, that I wouldn't feel any chest discomfort. It comes up whenever I think about it. Maybe it is something with my stomach?

I took gas-x a few minutes ago, we'll see what happens.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:32 am

User avatar Hi NeedHelpscared,
Please calm down. Stress causes an amazing slue of physical ailments. In my opinion, taking into consideration that you are relatively healthy and have had no other problems, it doesn't sound like a problem with your heart but more with your stomach. Believe me, anxiety will not improve the problem.
 NeedHelpscared - Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:45 am

Rntdj wrote:Hi NeedHelpscared,

Thanks. When I am asleep, I don't notice any pain. As I am waking, it starts maybe five minutes later. This morning, I woke up and started feeling very naseuated. I'm sipping cold syrup right now, but it really hurts!

|