News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: rectal pain

ronricoadams - Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:34 pm

I have had a lump around anus for about two and a half weeks....i assume this is an external hemorrhoid ....i thought hemorrhoids heal on their own in about two days..... i have increased my daily fiber to about 30 grams...... my job is very physically demanding requiring me to climb .....is this why it won't heal...could it be cancer....should i go to a doctor......>?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:21 pm

User avatar It could be hemorrhoids but it also could be a variety of things so a check up would be a smart thing to do. hemorrhoids may need surgery.
Good Luck.
 ConcErnedGuY - Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:45 pm

i noticed a lump coming from my anus a few days ago. it was painful when wiping, and while i was in the shower, i could feel the bump. i decided to squeeze this, as i have had quite a few other bumps on my inner thighs that were "zit-like" and just popped and went away. after squeezing, it felt like it popped, but due to being in the shower, i could not see if anything actually came out of it. since this, it is still there, and the pain of it has gone down, but after wiping or sitting, it often becomes sore. it feels like a head with a tail that goes about a half inch or so into my anus. is this possibly hemerrhoids, or is it something that i should go get checked out? anything i can do for now to make it go away? please help...

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here