Question: Upper Right Quadrant Abdominal Pain

HospiceChaplain - Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:04 pm

I have a constant dull pain in my URQ, sometimes it feels as though it is pulsating. I have weakness in my arms, shortness of breath, the pain has spread from the URQ to my chest and through to my back. I have overall fatigue. I have had the pain in the past (off and on for 20 years), however it has usually gone away. This time there is no relief. It has been constant for six weeks. I do not belch, regurgitate, or feel nauseated. I have regular BM. Change in diet does not help, change in position does not help. My brother died of pancreatic cancer 3 years ago. I had an xray and there were no gallstones or blockages. I did a kidney cysts. I am 56 years old and very worried. I have always taken care of myself and could count on one hand the numbers of times I've been sick with flu, etc. Can you help me? I have a doctor appt. scheduled for xray results, but I am antsy. Thank you.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:55 pm

Obscure Chronic( about 20 years) RUQ pain can be a difficult problem to diagnose.
(Obscure, if hepato-biliary, pancreatic and lung diseases have been ruled out).
Some well known, not too common conditions may need consideration as well.
One is the 'Chilaiditi's Syndrome' - Hemidiaphragmatic interposition of the colon is seen in about 0.25% to 0.28% of the general population.This may be diagnosed by a typical sign known as the 'Chilaiditi's sign"(gas between the liver and right dome of diaphragm).This is essentially a benign condition.
Anyway, you will be consulting your doctor soon and please let us know what turns up. Best wishes!
 HospiceChaplain - Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:54 pm

My ultrasound showed that I had no gallstones and that my liver was fine. I have a few cysts on my kidneys. Now they scheduled a disada scan. The pain is continuing to spread through my back and to my left side. I urinate A LOT! 10-12 times or more a day. i go Wednesday for results.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:16 am

Many thanks for the update.It will be interesting to know the final diagnosis.Good luck!
 HospiceChaplain - Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:44 pm

My gallbladder is performing perfectly, no gallstones. Now I am going to have blood work, a CT scan and an endoscopy to check my stomach and pancreas.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:26 am

Thanks.Hope your problem will be sorted out soon.Good luck!
 trunktracker71 - Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:51 am

i have the same thing but mine feels more like heartburn and its always right up under my right breast this has been going on for about 6 months now off and on it never gets real bad just a little bothersome also im starting to havve a bloated feeling all over my abdomen iut sometimes feels real tight and im haveing some trouble passing gas i was wondering if this could be symptems of a gallbladder problem
 HospiceChaplain - Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:31 am

Hi, My doctor told me yesterday that I had Barrett's Esophagus, what does this mean and what does it entail for my future?

|