Question: stomach ulcer? cancer?

real_me - Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:50 pm

Hello doctor,

For about last three months I had pain in my stomach, especially after I eat nuts or any hard foods. The pain starts shortly after I eat and lasts for a few hours, right after I eat I feel nauseous and I eat much less than I used to. The pain is in my stomach and goes around to my back. Sometimes I would get this sharp pain, shooting through the body diagonally from the stomach, but it lasts only a few seconds. I feel very weak and dizzy. I went to one of the doctors that I know for a test - which is some technology that reads brain waives to show if anything is wrong with the organs. It showed inflammation of liver, intestines, gastic tract and a wound on the stomach. Also, she said that the cells are very weak, the old cells die and the new don't generate as fast as they should.

My family is saying that I should go to a doctor to check for cancer, because I have a friend that had the same sumptoms and now is diagnosed with stage 1 cancer of stomach. Should I go to the doctor or should I wait for more symptoms? What would those symptoms be?

(I'm a 24 year old female, was diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia a few years ago)
Thank you
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:36 am

You say "I went to one of the doctors that I know for a test - which is some technology that reads brain waives to show if anything is wrong with the organs".

Do you perhaps mean "Virtual Scanning"???

(One can get lots of information regarding this 'technology' in certain journals of Alternative and complementary medicine).

I suggest that you should consult a gastroenterologist, get an upper GI endoscopy done.

Good day!

|