Question: Constipation?

Leo89 - Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:37 pm

For the past couple days (more like a week) I've been having issues moving my bowels. I have had normal constipation before, but this time it is quite different. It seems as if my anus is too tight to move my bowels. If anything comes out it is usually softer and comes out in thin strands. This is the first time this has ever happened to me, and I would like to know what this is. I haven't consulted a doctor yet, and I have been looking online for people with the same condition. I cannot find any websites that describe what I have. Do you have any ideas on this? Since this could be a major health risk, considering it's already been about a week since I've moved my bowels a normal amount, I'd really appreciate fast responses. This is the first time I'm using this website, and I really hope this will help me. Somebody please reply. I'm really scared about this, and I have no clue what to do.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:56 am

User avatar Hi Leo89,
Have you tried diet changes yet? If not increase your intake of fiber rich foods and drink plenty of fluids (water). Dehydration and lack of a proper diet is one cause of constipation or changes in the appearance of stool. Try these suggestions first and if an improvement is not seen (which it should be) then have an evaluation to rule out any other problems.

|