News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Constipation?

Leo89 - Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:37 pm

For the past couple days (more like a week) I've been having issues moving my bowels. I have had normal constipation before, but this time it is quite different. It seems as if my anus is too tight to move my bowels. If anything comes out it is usually softer and comes out in thin strands. This is the first time this has ever happened to me, and I would like to know what this is. I haven't consulted a doctor yet, and I have been looking online for people with the same condition. I cannot find any websites that describe what I have. Do you have any ideas on this? Since this could be a major health risk, considering it's already been about a week since I've moved my bowels a normal amount, I'd really appreciate fast responses. This is the first time I'm using this website, and I really hope this will help me. Somebody please reply. I'm really scared about this, and I have no clue what to do.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:56 am

User avatar Hi Leo89,
Have you tried diet changes yet? If not increase your intake of fiber rich foods and drink plenty of fluids (water). Dehydration and lack of a proper diet is one cause of constipation or changes in the appearance of stool. Try these suggestions first and if an improvement is not seen (which it should be) then have an evaluation to rule out any other problems.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here