News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Throwing up really early in the morning?

Mich8 - Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:44 am

If I get up really early in the morning say like 6 or 7 I feel really nauseous and alot of the time I throw up, not just once but a few times. I also feel clammy and get hot and cold flashes like I have the flu... I don't eat breakfast in the mornings because I always feel too sick to eat, and I'm afraid if I do eat I'll throw it up. I snack before I go to bed also... I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Another thing is, I don't get up that early often.. Please help?

M.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:47 am

User avatar Hi,

As the First step, one has to exclude drug induced nausea and vomiting. One of the known side effects of both Fluoxetine & oral contraceptives is nausea. Psychiatric disorders such as anxiety, depression, anorexia nervosa, bulimia may be associated with vomiting.Early morning vomiting often occurs during pregnancy, but also may be seen in subjects with Renal failure. Pregnancy occurring while on oral contraceptives is not unknown.Certain drugs (for ex, antibiotics) may interact with oral contraceptives and may reduce their efficacy.

You must consult your regular psychiatrist and gynecologist to assess if any alteration in dosage or change of drug is needed.

If the problem is ultimately deemed to be unconnected to the aforesaid conditions, then you will need further diagnostic work-up (perhaps starting with an upper GI endoscopy).

Best wishes!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here