News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: defecated bright red blood

DFish - Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:44 pm

Hello, i am a 27 yr old male..my diet contains lots of fast food,nothing really green or fruits at all, as far as water consumption i thought i was doing pretty good with drinking 1 gallon every 2-4 days, to add to this scenario i have been under alot of stress recently due to getting two new jobs and working odd hours.
i am drug and alcohol free.

i just went to the bathroom and it felt like i was constipated but it came out as diarrhea, but in the middle of that diarrhea it felt as a big clump came out as well..

After all that was finished, as i was walking out of the bathroom i felt a little ruble in my stomach, sat back down on the toilet and and pooped bright red blood about enuff to fill up a shot glass.. this was the first time this is ever happend to me.

i felt no pain at all nor i am in pain now.i do not feal weak,tired or dizzy, i feal pretty much normal, except for anxiety and stress from the situation.

What should i do now.?
and i have no health insurance.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:24 pm

User avatar Hi,
If you are even remotely linking marijuana 'cold turkey'ing with your rectal bleeding, inflammatory bowel disease and the such, there is no scientifically validated evidence at present to substantiate this link.

Passage of bright-red blood could mean
- bleeding from hemorrhoids(piles),
- bleeding from diverticular disease (diverticulosis coli),
- lower GI bleed (if very brisk),
- an upper GI bleed (if massive), etc.

You must consult your doctor and get assessed.
Best wishes!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here