News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: sick so much

the1gurlwitproblems - Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:23 pm

i have gotten really bad colds 3 times in the last 3 weeks. it has been horrible. plus i get sharp pains in my stomach and dirreahea and nausia often :cry: . im dizzy and have horible headaches. does anyone know what these symptoms could lead to? :?: ?????
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:47 am

User avatar Dear the1gurlwitproblems,

Dizziness and headache may happen when no enough blood is getting into the brain.
Diarrhea is a common cause of sudden drop in the blood pressure due to dehydration in people who do not compensate the fluid loss with enough fluid intake.

To treat the diarrhea, stools analysis should be done to find out the causative organisms, other than viral infections. Careful microscopic studies for Giardia and ameba is important. Stool culture is also important.
You have also to observe what is triggering diarrhea. If certain types of food like milk products aggravate the diarrhea you have to avoid them.
I advise you to increase the amount of fluid intake meanwhile take an appointment with your doctor for proper management.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here