News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: help me im have troble with my colon

twofeathers710 - Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:42 pm

my doctor showed my x-ray of my stomach and my colon is impacted. he told me too drink a bottle of saline laxative. well that didnt work and i have taken and used everything i can think of to get it out but nothing. is there anything i can do at home to get rid of this im in a lot of pain and i don't have the money to keep going back to the doctor. please help me.
thanks kimberly
 Rhonda P, CEP - Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:23 pm

User avatar Hello Twofeathers710,

Are you passing anything at all? Do you feel nausea or are you vomiting? Is this usual for you? If it is, has anything helped before? Are you on medications that may be causing constipation this severe? Please ask your Physician about Epsom Salts as a laxative, it may work for you. Make sure you drink lots of fluids with it, natural (not frozen or concentrate) apple juice is also good to drink on a regular basis and eat lots of moist fiber foods like lettuce, apples with skins, carrots with skins, basically fruits, vegetables and moist grains. Try to avoid dry type fiber unless you are sure you're getting enough to drink, pay close attention to your water intake. Sometimes we think we're drinking a lot but when we actually measure what we take in it isn't much.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here