Question: Blood in Bowel Movement

JoeyB83 - Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:58 am

Hey guys. I had my wisdom teeth pulled in January of this year and shortly after the surgery I had a large bowel movement that was almost clay consistency and it had blood on it. Then the next few bowel movements had a little blood. After that there was no blood... but then two weeks ago there was blood again and then nothing until tonight. Usually there isn't that much blood and usually it is in an almost mucus type substance that is kind of orange in color. I'm planning on getting into the doctor about it within the next week, but I just wanted some input as to what might be happening that would cause this.

Edit: Nothing like this has happened before I got my wisdom teeth pulled and I had that first bowel movement.
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:28 pm

User avatar Dear JoeyB83:
You did not say what the color of the blood was. Blood that is swallowed or that comes from the mouth or upper digestive tract would be seen as either a coffee grounds consistency or would be black. Red blood usually indicates the blood is coming from the lowest part of the bowel, usually from hemorrhoids. It is good that you are getting in to see the doctor as any blood in the stool is something that needs to be taken seriously. I wish you well.
Kind Regards,
Carolyn
 JoeyB83 - Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:01 am

The blood is always a red color. I have read about this and I'm pretty sure that it is from hemoroids... but I'm goin in next week when I get home from school to get checked out.

|