Question: Symptoms of IBS or something else?

EmBob101 - Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:08 pm

I recently found this website and thought I would go ahead and try to see if anyone might know what this is.
I recently just turned 21 and have problems with deficating since I was a junior in high School. My symptoms then were just extreme pain before deficating to the point where I would have to curl up in fetal position until the cramps passed and then was able to relieve myself but always was diarhea.
Now my symptoms are getting worse as well as the pain in different areas. Seldomly I feel the pain I had in high school but now I feel more pains thruough the area above my right hip that is a stabing-like pain as well as in between my rips. I seldomly have a solid stools, often have mucus as well. I have spoke to my dr about it but he told me to just "eat more fiber" which doesn't seem to do much except keep the stool a bit more in tact. Not every stool is diarhea, sometimes it is very soft but seldomly ever is it solid. I have also realized that I have a hemrhoid on the inside tissue of my anus. I only go "#2" around 4-5 times a week. Often I have pains in my anal area that make me feel as though I am sitting on something on the inside of me that isn't painful but irritating.
I have explained most of this to my dr but have now decided I may search for another one. Anyone know what these symptoms may be pointing to? Oh, and yes, on occasion I have blood in my stool. but not extreme amounts and not in the actual stool, more on the tissue I use.
 Gan - Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:36 pm

Hi EmBob101,

I am not any kind of Dr, but keep checking to see if anyone has replied to my question. I myself am 21 and have had pains since secondary school. I also have solid stool and lots of mucus.

I was told i had IBS - to be honest most Dr don't give you much information. I have had to do my own research. From what i have researched: If you rectal bleeding with the mucus you could have Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's disease. If the blood is just when you use the tissue, so from the outside area it could be Anal fissures but IBS for the stomach pains. If you are going to look any of this up - don't get scared. What you should really do if you are worried is go and ask the Dr if they can refer you to your nearest hopital for a scan of your bowels - just tp be on the safe side. Plus like i said i am not a Dr - wait and see who else might reply and give better advice or information. I am still waiting for someone to reply to mine - I just thought i'd share my views with you - I understand how annoying it is to wait for someone to reply.

Hope this helps.

Gan

|