Question: Is it possible to have gas 30mins-60mins prior to eating

samir88357 - Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:00 am

My roomate and I are debating the following - Whether or not we can have gas (farts) after eating, around 30mins-60mins after. Please clarify with as much details as possible. I have already asked a MD. online and she said that yes it is possible but my roomate is so hardheaded he won't buy it. Thank you!
 Kathy C, RN - Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:50 pm

Hi Samir, Eating stimulates peristalsis of your stomach and bowels so it is quite normal to have gas or even have a urge to have a bowel movement after eating. Its not gas or fecal matter from what you just ate but from what is in your bowel from previous intake.
Hope this helps.