News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: lower right abdominal soreness

emmsworthxxoo - Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:22 am

i have been having constant soreness above my right groin area (my belly button is center of a clock the soreness is between 8 & 9) and is most uncomfortable when i try to push urin or stool and when i cough. there is a constant pressure threr and directly straight through at same spot of my lower back. it is an isolated soreness, it almost seems contained to an area the size of newborn baby's fist. i know i'm not pregnant. i'm ALWAYS aware the soreness is there, but like i said it is more intense when pushing or clinching. i have been feeling this for 9 days, it has gotton no worse or better. i thought it may have been constipation and ook a double dose of metamucil. in morning stool was extremely pasty and the discomfort subsides only for minutes after elimination and then returned to the same intensity.
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:52 pm

Hello!

I believe you should do a FBC with differential count(full blood count) and check your WBCs count...especially the neutrophils...if they are above 70-80% then you have an acute inflammation, probably it's your appendix(Appendicitis) ....you should go and see a surgeon....but i advice you not to rush into surgery before you do a pelvic ultrasound, may be it's an ovarian cyst....which can happen alot.

let your someone do this test for you... show him/her the most tender point....let him press on it in an increasing manner, then release it all of a sudden after maximal pressure....if it hurts VERY MUCH when releasing the pressure, then it's appendicitis, that needs to be removed for as soon as possible.

Good luck:-)

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here