Question: lower right abdominal soreness

emmsworthxxoo - Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:22 am

i have been having constant soreness above my right groin area (my belly button is center of a clock the soreness is between 8 & 9) and is most uncomfortable when i try to push urin or stool and when i cough. there is a constant pressure threr and directly straight through at same spot of my lower back. it is an isolated soreness, it almost seems contained to an area the size of newborn baby's fist. i know i'm not pregnant. i'm ALWAYS aware the soreness is there, but like i said it is more intense when pushing or clinching. i have been feeling this for 9 days, it has gotton no worse or better. i thought it may have been constipation and ook a double dose of metamucil. in morning stool was extremely pasty and the discomfort subsides only for minutes after elimination and then returned to the same intensity.
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:52 pm

Hello!

I believe you should do a FBC with differential count(full blood count) and check your WBCs count...especially the neutrophils...if they are above 70-80% then you have an acute inflammation, probably it's your appendix(Appendicitis) ....you should go and see a surgeon....but i advice you not to rush into surgery before you do a pelvic ultrasound, may be it's an ovarian cyst....which can happen alot.

let your someone do this test for you... show him/her the most tender point....let him press on it in an increasing manner, then release it all of a sudden after maximal pressure....if it hurts VERY MUCH when releasing the pressure, then it's appendicitis, that needs to be removed for as soon as possible.

Good luck:-)

|