News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Food Poisoning or bad stomach problems?..

relax - Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:12 pm

Well about 3 to 4 days ago i went to eat at this restaurant didnt look very high class to me. I decided to have fish that night and i really ate all of it with some mash potatoes the fish seemed rather good. About 2 to 1 in a half hours later i noticed this like cramping or really bad pain around my stomach abdominal area i thought it was just because of something that like didnt go that well with my stomach. Later that night when i was about to go to sleep i felt rather hot and kinda nausious and felt like i had to go to the bathroom i looked in the mirror and my cheeks were red and and i had a very small case of diareah i suggested it was probally food poisoning and it will go away in a few days. The next morning i still kind ahad that bad feeling like sort of nausious my diareah i noticed was clearing up and o yea there was really no blood involved in it and it wasant very watery just like a smaller than mild case of diareah. Its now tuesday and i the night i think i got food poisoning was friday. I just finished eating and have this sort of bad stomach ache that is now clearing up. I just wanna kno if i may have a serious infection or something in my stomach. Please tell me if i have to provide you with more information.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:32 am

User avatar Hi relax,
Generally speaking food poisoning symptoms usually appear 2 - 6 hours after eating the food responsible. (the time frame could be longer depending on the toxin or organism responsible). However, symptoms usually present with nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, fever, weakness, etc. It sounds very possible since you started experiencing symptoms a short while after eating that you could have had a mild case. I would suggest to you that you call the restaurant that you ate at and ask them if they have had any recent complaints. If it's a decent managed restaurant they will admit to a problem. However don't be surprised if they don't for their fear of "bad advertisement" which they will eventually have anyway if this was actually the cause.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here