Question: Pucking up Blood

someperson - Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:15 pm

The other day I was feeling fine and that night I went to go to bed and I layed down and I got really dizzy so I got up and went to the bathroom because I knew I was going to puck, after gaging for about 15mins I started to puck up so stoumch acid about 20 mins after that I started to puck up blood. After about an hour and a half of gaging and pucking up blood I finally passed out. For the next 3 days I had a high fever, hot and cold flashes, and coughing. I want to know if something is wrong with me I really don't know what to do. Please help.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:51 am

User avatar Hi someperson,
During vomiting, sometimes the force breaks small blood vessels in the throat. Was the blood bright red, dark? Regardless, if you are still experiencing symptoms you should be evaluated by your physician.

|