Question: yellow 'corn nut' looking things in my stool

strikerman35 - Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:50 am

For quite awhile I have noticed yellow things in looser stools that look just like an undigested corn nut that has been soaked in water and expanded. Lately I've noticed them in harder stools as well (possible they've been there all along & I just didn't know). They occur regardless of what I eat (I don't eat a lot of corn or corn nuts) and are not always present. My health is generally fine, although I am prone to nausea that I have always related to stress. That occurs most often in the middle of the night and in the mornings has come and gone in phases for the last few years (and sometimes when I eat, which I attribute to a history with bulimia). I have been on glucophage for about 10 years (for pcos & I get my liver checked every year or so), and right now I am on welbutrin. I am on several supplements (calcium/magnesium/vit d, multivitamin, vit e, evening primrose oil, iron, & one for my thyroid), but I've only been taking those for a year or less, depending on the vitamin, except for the calcium mix which I've taken on and off for years. I cannot find anything on the internet that even sounds like these things my stool excpet for gallstones (I don't think they're hard) and 'fuzzball' parasites (I can't find a picture of one to compare). I do have a dr appt in early August, but I'd like some ideas now. Thank you so much for any ideas you might have!
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:15 pm

The yellow "corn nut"-like objects that you have noticed in your stool so frequently is highly exceptional in actual clinical practice!
It is also a surprising coincidence that another of our guests to this forum has noted similar objects in his case.
( viewtopic.php?f=58&t=45994).

There are hardly any reports in the medical literature of such objects having been analyzed and findings documented.

Yellow objects could be gall stones(cholesterol stones), but it is very unlikely that they will be expelled with such regularity in an asymptomatic manner(without accompanying biliary colic). Besides, cholesterol stones are typically solitary (occasionally multiple).

I suggest that (to put an end to unnecessary speculations), you should take a sample of your stool containing these objects to a reputed laboratory and have them analysed.

|