Question: post meal bowel movements / flatulence

gregco - Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:53 am

Hello..wondering if anyone had any idea about this, but often after I eat, I have a bowel movement within the hour, which is always incredibly loose stools bordering on diarreha.
Is this from the food I just recently ate, is it possible to be processed by the body this quickly? If so, what causes this? If that is the case, clearly getting the proper nutrients in me from diet isnt working out...

I also have a flatulence problem most days as well, with frequent gas passing (much to the chagrin of friends and family)

thanks
 blondshort2 - Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:06 am

i thought it was just me...
i thought it was irratable bowel syndrome. i dunno i need to go to the doc.

I thought it was from what i ate the 30 min - hour before, but that isn't usually the case with me. what comes out is only sometimes what i just ate (this has been going on for years)
i thought it was nerves....
i can only explain it as maybe when i eat my whole digestive tract just "starts working" all at the wrong times and OVER-acts and stuff gets moved out too soon. I hope someone comes along that can answer. i would really like to know
kinda gross but i am VERY glad you posted. i have been wondering for a long time, but it's hard to explain to the doc who will say it is gas :) I guess i need to eat then go to the doc 30 min later! it is hard to work this way.
thanx again

|