Question: Constant Burping?

sui_winbolo - Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:49 pm

Here's the deal, I've been having constant burping for couple years now and I'm not sure what from. I feel the need to burp constantly, like when I'm laying down watching TV or just on the computer. I'm 16, so I do drink alot of pop, usually 3-4 cans of Cherry Coke throughout the day. Could this possibly be the cause of my constant burping? If it helps any, my mom's family does have a history of gall bladder problems, two of her sisters had their gall bladdesr completly removed and my mom just had a gall bladder attack couple weeks ago and is due to have her gall bladder removed. Any help appriciated!
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:25 pm

User avatar Dear sui_winbolo,
Gas and burping are not considered a health problem although they cause many disturbance especially when you are in public. These conditions are usually a result of: excess swallowed air (while drinking, or eating-especially shewing gums)
eating certain types of food that elaborate a lot of gases while being digested or
drinking carbonated beverages (which you drink daily).
Eating certain types of food that are not tolerated by the GI (due to lack of certain digestive enzymes as in the case of lactose intolerance) are also a common causes of gas.
Gas in the intestine is produced by the act of bacteria on the food while being digested.
if the condition is associated with either or alternating constipation and diarrhea, Irritable Bowel Syndrome is to be considered especially if the symptoms are persistent.
In IBS, Certain types of foods contain, chocolate, milk and alcohol might aggravate the condition.
Stress also increases the frequency and the severity of symptoms in almost all cases.
Super added infectious GI attack will worsen also the symptoms.
The disease can be easily controlled by simple changes in the lifestyle, diet and avoiding stress.
Take an appointment to visit your doctor, for examination and better evaluation.

|