Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Parasitic infection

 jvr - Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:01 am

I have been feeling worm like sensations in my anus region for the past 2 or more years. I saw an gastroenterologyst once. I done two different stool samples with two different doctors. Both test came negative. I feel that the tests don't do anyjustice. I don't know what else I need to do and I need to know what is the next procedure to examine my problem. Please respond. Thanks.

 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:58 pm

User avatar Hi jvr,
Since it appears that parasitic causes have been ruled out, have you discussed with your doctor about using over the counter products or ointments for example, hydrocortisone creme? A suggestion that may reduce the sensation of itching is, immediately after bowel movements cleanse the area with water from a squeeze bottle (without soap) or unscented baby wipes to reduce irritation. After cleansing pat the area dry. Use unscented bathroom tissue and wear cotton underwear.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us