News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Upper Right Adomen Pain

 Eichas05 - Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:06 am

Hi -
I have been having upper right adomen pain on and off for a couple of months. It will come and last 1-4 days and then I will be ok for a couple of weeks and this cycle repeats. Lately the pain is more intense. The pain is similar to the pain you get if you drink a lot of water and then go for a run. But the pain does not go away, it is just constent for a long period of time. My initial thoughts is it has to do with my gallbladder, because the days when it hurts the pain is more intense after I eat. I do not have any back pain, nausea, or gas. Please help
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon May 02, 2005 7:24 am

User avatar Hi Eichas05,
Do you experience pain after eating certain foods, for example, high concentrations of fat? If so this would certainly indicate possible gallbladder dysfunction. I would suggest an evaluation to identify the causative factor.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions
advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application


Useful Sites


Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2017
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here