Question: Upper Right Adomen Pain

Eichas05 - Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:06 am

Hi -
I have been having upper right adomen pain on and off for a couple of months. It will come and last 1-4 days and then I will be ok for a couple of weeks and this cycle repeats. Lately the pain is more intense. The pain is similar to the pain you get if you drink a lot of water and then go for a run. But the pain does not go away, it is just constent for a long period of time. My initial thoughts is it has to do with my gallbladder, because the days when it hurts the pain is more intense after I eat. I do not have any back pain, nausea, or gas. Please help
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon May 02, 2005 7:24 am

User avatar Hi Eichas05,
Do you experience pain after eating certain foods, for example, high concentrations of fat? If so this would certainly indicate possible gallbladder dysfunction. I would suggest an evaluation to identify the causative factor.