News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: UNknown cause of vomiting

teach1 - Sun May 08, 2005 11:13 am

I am a 50 year old female experiencing daily vomiting.
No specific time of day. Vomiting is not accompanied by nausea or pain. I have had sinus infection for some 5 months that I cannot get rid of. HELP :?:
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Sun May 08, 2005 4:19 pm

User avatar Any other symptoms? Dizzinesss? Ringing in your ears?

Have you taken a full course of antibiotics for your infection? It could be enough drainage going into your stomach to make you sick.

You really need to see a doctor for this; daily vomiting is very abnormal and dehydrating, and can be dangerous if left.
 teach1 - Sun May 08, 2005 4:41 pm

Ilovepatients wrote:Any other symptoms? Dizzinesss? Ringing in your ears?

Have you taken a full course of antibiotics for your infection? It could be enough drainage going into your stomach to make you sick.

You really need to see a doctor for this; daily vomiting is very abnormal and dehydrating, and can be dangerous if left.

I must tell you that I have had numerous antibiotics since December 04 and once I complete the course of action the sinus infection returns again. I stopped going to the Dr. in March. The vomiting usually occurs when I have a coughing spell or preceeds a coughing spell. It is ususally just once a day. I think it is the sinus drainage thing you mentioned. Should I see the agian???? My friends were teasing and said maybe you are pregnant; well I have not had a period in some 8 years and had a tubal ligation in 1993, so I do not think that is it!
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Sun May 08, 2005 9:21 pm

User avatar Haha! No, I doubt it's a pregnancy!

It's really unhealthy to have chronic sinus infections, tho. It weakens your whole immune system and can lead to more illnesses.

See an ENT, not just your family doc. There are treatments for chronic sinusitis; I am sure you do not want to live your life this way, and you don't need to live on antibiotics, either.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here