Question: UNknown cause of vomiting

teach1 - Sun May 08, 2005 11:13 am

I am a 50 year old female experiencing daily vomiting.
No specific time of day. Vomiting is not accompanied by nausea or pain. I have had sinus infection for some 5 months that I cannot get rid of. HELP :?:
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Sun May 08, 2005 4:19 pm

User avatar Any other symptoms? Dizzinesss? Ringing in your ears?

Have you taken a full course of antibiotics for your infection? It could be enough drainage going into your stomach to make you sick.

You really need to see a doctor for this; daily vomiting is very abnormal and dehydrating, and can be dangerous if left.
 teach1 - Sun May 08, 2005 4:41 pm

Ilovepatients wrote:Any other symptoms? Dizzinesss? Ringing in your ears?

I must tell you that I have had numerous antibiotics since December 04 and once I complete the course of action the sinus infection returns again. I stopped going to the Dr. in March. The vomiting usually occurs when I have a coughing spell or preceeds a coughing spell. It is ususally just once a day. I think it is the sinus drainage thing you mentioned. Should I see the agian???? My friends were teasing and said maybe you are pregnant; well I have not had a period in some 8 years and had a tubal ligation in 1993, so I do not think that is it!
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Sun May 08, 2005 9:21 pm

User avatar Haha! No, I doubt it's a pregnancy!

It's really unhealthy to have chronic sinus infections, tho. It weakens your whole immune system and can lead to more illnesses.

See an ENT, not just your family doc. There are treatments for chronic sinusitis; I am sure you do not want to live your life this way, and you don't need to live on antibiotics, either.

|