News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: saw GI doc..please repond! need input re: labs ordered

marianna33 - Wed May 11, 2005 5:27 pm

I have not had alot of responses from this site or any other "gastro" site...I am becoming very discouraged by the lack of it, but need it at the same time! (see previous post re; ferritin and LFT elevations please)
Went to GI Doc on the 9th...he took alot of blood work and then called me back in for more. (took 4 vials the 1st time, then 2 vials more 2 days later) I have to admit I feel pretty good after all that blood was taken) (more enrgy and joints are a bit less painful) These are the labs the Phlebot told me she was drawing for..need guidance to understand what they are/ or a site to explain to me what they are for.
Iron (not too specific on that one) not surprising though!
PH
Pt
ANA
Anti smooth muscle AB
tissue transglutaminasl (sp?)
ceruloplasmin

Any input? Please?
~Mari
 marianna33 - Wed May 11, 2005 5:48 pm

An after thought....I was adopted at the age of two, so have no familial history. Does this have any bearing on the labs he ordered?
Once again thank you
~Mari

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here