Question: Rectal pain & spotting - colonoscopy normal

bepette - Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:45 am

I just had a colonoscopy done and it came out fine, there was nothing there. I had it done after I told the doctor that I thought I had hemorrhoids. She checked me and didn't see them out, so we figured it was internal. It feels like there's something right at the rectum, and there's pressure. Also, when I wake up or after I rest for a while, the pain is not there as much, but as move around or sit for a while, the pain gets worse. But the doctor didn't see anything there, he asked if perhaps they were sympathy pains since my dad was recently diagnosed with rectal cancer.

I have been spotting for about 3 weeks now. and have had problems with my periods. Could any of this be related???

Thanks!
 DeLWolcott - Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:25 pm

Anything is possible. I would be interested in knowing if the pain you are feeling is fully around the anus, or is it mostly in the area of the vaginal/rectal wall?

|