Question: Stomach Pain

Tinkerbell - Tue May 31, 2005 7:46 pm

Hi i have been having stomach pain since November last year. It is sore underneath my belly button, every time i eat or after i eat it gets really sore or sometimes it feels like "bubbles" are in my stomach. When i am on my period the pain gets worse, i am on the pill (Microgynon 30) and started it in Febuary 2005. I feel like i have to "break wind" all the time and sometimes i am constipated. After i have eaten a a bowl of soup, i cannot eat again untill 3 or four hours after. One time my stomach kept rumbling even after eating, it was a very loud rumble sound. I have been to the doctor and he just prodded my stomach and he said it might be a bladder infection, which it was not and then he said it might be bowl related and gave me tablets, cannot remember which ones, but i was meant to take them 3 times a day one hour before a meal, these helped but the pain came back. Please help me!! Thanks :)
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:01 pm

User avatar Very hard to tell, but your description of symptoms and admitted constipation suggests just that - chronic constipation. It can trap gas and be very painful in the lower abdomen.

Do you get lots of fiber every day? Foods like oatmeal (excellent), whole wheat bread, brown rice, lots of green veggies like broccholi, spinach, cauliflower, etc. are really necessary to be eaten every day and replace sodas, coffee and tea with water. They dehydrate the body and can contribute to constipation. I am not sure about UK, but there is something called psyllium fiber that you can get at a pharmacy (chemist?) to mix with water to keep you regular if you cannot eat a balanced diet every day. (I recommend taking it at night, because it can cause gas temporarily).

|