Question: CHRON'S AND TREATMENT BY YOUR DOCTOR

MLEPATTON - Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:20 pm

I WAS DIAGONSED ITH CHRON'S DISEASE 8 WEEKS AGO. I TOOK 6 WEEKS OF SEROIDS, AND ASACOL. THESE MEDS DID NOTHING. LAST WEEK I TOOK MY FIRST REMICADE INFUSION. MY DOC SAYS THIS IS THE WONDER DRUG FOR CROHN'S. I HAVE SEVERE PAIN IN MY RIGHT SIDE ABOUT 3 INCHES AWAY FROM MY BELLY BUTTON. MY DOCTOR TOLD ME AND THESE AREHIS EXACT WORD ALL YOU HAVE IS CROHN' DOWN THERE SO I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE HAVING THIS PAIN. I ASKED IF THERE WAS ANYTHING HE COULD GIVE ME AND HE SAID NO I DON'T WANT TO GET YOU ADDICTED TO PAIN KILLERS.( I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH ABUSING MEDS) MY HUSBAND HAS HAD TO TAKE ME TO THE ER TWICE IN THE LAST 9 DAYS SO I COULD GET A SHOT FOR THIS PAIN. THE PAIN GETS SO SEVER THAT I CAN NOT PICK UP MY SON, OR SOMETIMES EVEN GET OUT OF BED. HOWEVR MY DOCTOR HAS PUT ME OFF OF WORK UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. HE TOLD MEOVER THE PHONE WHEN HE CALLED TO CHCK ON THE PAIN, THAT IF I WAS STILL HURTING WHEN I SEE HIM NEXT TUESDAY THAT WE WOULD JUST HAVE TO DO EXPLORATORY SUGERY TO FIN OUT WHAT WAS GOING ON... NONE OF WHAT MY DOC IS DOING SEMS TO MAKE ANY SINCE. SOMETIMES IWONDER IF EIS LOOKING AT THE BIG PICTUR AND THE SEVERE TRAUMA MY BODY HAS BEE THROUGH IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS, I GUESS I REALLY WULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I NEED TO SEEK OUT A SECOND OPINION. BECAUSE MY BODY IS STILL AT A MAJOR FLARE UP WITH ALL OF THEMEDS AND THE REMICADE TREATMENT. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP. MELISSA 26
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:12 am

User avatar Melissa,
I am sorry to hear about your suffering. I also apologize for replying so late. By now i guess you should have undergone the exploratory surgery. I personally think this is a good idea. Chron's disease has been known to be associated with complications. Some of these complications can lead to severe pain. The best way to find out is through exploratory surgery.

I would like to refer you to this page on The Doctor's Lounge:

Chron's Disease

Please give us feedback on your condition and how the results of the operation went. If not for us then at least for the many suffering like yourself.

My best wishes to you!

|