News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Abdominal Pain/Bowel Movement.

jinkus - Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:14 pm

I have been experiencing pain for the last week in my abdominal area. The pain is very strange in the fact that it is there when I pass wind or when i am opening my bowels. If I press hard in my lower abdominal area it cause the pain to worsen, the pain is not extreme but is a concern. If I get up suddenly the pain is also there.

As far as I am aware I am not passing blood, and my stools appear normal. I have noticed I have been needed to pass wind alot more since the pain started.

Any help or advice would be much appriciated as its starting to concern me.

Thanks in advance.

Jinkus
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:33 am

User avatar If you are having no problems with any constipation or loose stools, it could be gas that is trapped. The pain is sharp and can get worse at times.

Try taking Gas X (any generic called simethicone will do). Antacids won't help; they are for acid indigestion. Watch the foods you eat, avoid dairy for awhile, broccoli and caulflower will do it and of course, beans. Take beano before you eat anything too.

If these measures don't give you relief, do see a doctor.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here