News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: excessive gas and stools, and ideas?

alforego - Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:20 pm

i have been concerned for a while now but do not know how to ask my doctor. i suffer from excessive flatulance which has become more bad smelling over the past few months. also, i pass stools almost every time i go to the toilet, at least four times a day i think and usually after eating. i am concerned that this is not normal. i also eat a lot but am underwieght and want to be 9 1/2 stone which is normal for my height (5ft 6in) i am currently between 8st 10 and 9st 2 which varies regularly. any information you can give me would be helpful. also, i crave complex carbs mostly pasta regularly and fatty foods make me feel sick.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:50 am

User avatar Hi,
When you go in for an evaluation tell your doctor that you have been having frequent bowel movements, gas, and bloating. Many conditions may cause these symptoms from IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), malabsorption syndrome, colitis, etc. etc. Diabetes may also cause carb cravings. Any changes in bowel habits warrants an evaluation by your physician to identify the causative factor.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here