News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Swelling Gurgling in lower right stomach

stipey25 - Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:48 am

I've been having some swelling in the area near or right below the inguinal ligament. When I put my hand over the area there is lots of gurgling and pressure, and the area feels very swollen anf bloated under the surface...

Any ideas what this could be?

I've been diagnosed with IBS and have problems with diahhrea and loose stools often.

Any help would be appreciated.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:12 am

User avatar Do you mean the groin area or above? You may have an inguinal hernia. Do see a doctor, they do not go away and can eventually be dangerous (blocking the bowel).
 stipey25 - Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:48 am

I have absolutely no pain at all in the groin or scrotum area. Is that where it would be if it were a hernia? All the pressure and gurgling is parrall to my belly button, right near and slightly below the inguinal ligament.

I was thinking a hernia was possible, but all symptom websites have pain in the groin area as a main symptom.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:16 pm

User avatar An inguinal hernia may extend to the scrotum, but not always. Many are exactly where you describe, and having pain or discomfort doesn't occur in all hernias.

I can't think of a single other explanation for swelling in that area. Best to see your doctor soon. :D

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here