Question: Gallbladder disease no stones no symptoms????

FlowerDust - Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:55 pm

Post
Posted: 07-08-05 8:31pm
I am 25 y/o and last weekend had gallbladder attacks on and off - had no idea what it was. Ultrasound showed no stones, bloodwork was perfect. Went to my pcp and he ordered a hida and egd. Had the hida thursday and after cck inject felt nasuea but no pain (except from laying on the table for 2 hours....) ejection fraction came back 14%. But I have no pain at all now even if I eat regular. My egd is a month so pcp recommended to wait on surgery until we get results back from that. I also have gerd triggered asthma (with no pain symptoms) so I take protonix for that.

I figure if I am not in pain there is no reason to have gallbladder removed even if it is functioning low?

I have been on birth control for 3 years for obvious reasons and also due to 5cm cyst on ovary (now gone). May have endo but am afraid to have laproscopy. Pain is not that bad but comes and goes.

Has anyone had gallbalder dyskinesia without pain?

I am not too overweight. I weight ~150-155lbs and am almost 5 foot 6.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:05 am

User avatar Hi FlowerDust,
An ejection fraction of less than 40% on a HIDA Scan is considered abnormal and would certainly be considered gallbladder or biliary dyskinesia. Sugery most likely would not be recommended based on the HIDA scan alone when signs and symptoms (pain, nausea, vomiting etc.) are not present.
 FlowerDust - Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:38 pm

Thanks so much! I have been watching my diet a little better to prevent any other "attacks" but I think that it hasn't been working for a while. For the last 8-10 years whenever I eat fried food I get really sick (nausea, sometimes throwing up, chills) but never any pain. It kind of makes sense that maybe that is my body not digesting it correctly...but it's only on fried foods (i never eat them now!) So maybe my gb is just a little slow. ;)

thanks again!
aj
 daelkin - Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:47 pm

Had gallbladder symptoms for several years before they discovered after an infraction test what it was.

Had the surgery and what a difference!! The doctor said my gallbladder was full of scar tissue and said it should have come out years ago.

The diseased gallbladder will get worse over time. I was dry heaving daily at the time of diagnosis. Had my first gallbladder attack 12 years prior to that in my teens. Just got worse over the years.
 mackie - Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:33 pm

FlowerDust wrote:Post
Posted: 07-08-05 8:31pm

|