Question: heartburn/ or chest pains

inaxrut - Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:11 am

so i had serious heartburn after one night of eating lots of chips and salsa this past friday. i went to bed and woke up with this heart burn. i wasnt concerned. but now idont feel any heartburn anymore..the thing that worries me is this pai n i feel when i eat solids .. my chest starts to hurt in the mid region where heartburn usually is. it almost hurts to swallow. i don't know what this is , but ive had it sincesunday and its not going away. does anyone know what this is? id appreciate it.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:35 pm

Its always been problematic to diagnose heart burn/chest pain. Ineed, the differential diagnosis includes an EKG to rule out heart disease in what may seem to be slight stomach related pain. In your case it does give the impression of being inflammatory. I would advise you to get it checked out by a gastro-enterologist. Until then you may benefit from taking ranitidine tablets or an antacid and to quit smoking if you happen to be a smoker.

|