Question: Stomach problems

Blah - Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:57 pm

Hi, For over a year I've been having problems with my stomach. I feel sick to my stomach everyday. Every now and again it'll go away for awhile. But because of the nausea I don't feel like eating. Even thinking about food makes me feel worse. It hurts more after I eat. Sometimes I get sharp pains in my sides or under my ribs. It doesn't keep me awake or anything. If I get sad or worried I get even more sick. And if I press on my stomach sometimes it'll hurt. It's gotten to the point where if I cross my arms and lay them on my stomach, it'll cause pain too. Or even sometimes when I lay on my stomach to sleep. It doesn't happen everytime. My mom just thinks I am being a hyperchondriac(sp) and that there is nothing wrong with me. So, could you possibly tell me what is causing this, If it really is in my head or if there is actually a problem?
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:46 am

Considering your other post about a mass you felt in the vagina, and this new post, you must be evaluated by your PCP for further investigations. As you are aged 15, your mother should arrange a consultation with the doctor.

Your symptoms of upper abdominal pain and tenderness, nausea, and loss of appetite of more than a year's duration warrant investigations to exclude Helicobacter pylori-associated gastritis or peptic ulcer disease as well as liver or other disorders.

Get your mother to take you as soon as possible to the doctors for investigation of these chronic symptoms. Only after the doctors have found no abnormalities can your mother safely state that nothing is wrong with you.

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine
 Blah - Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:28 pm

Thank you for your help. I'll get on that. Hopefully she'll believe me.
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:07 pm

Let me know of any negative or positive findings after the doctor has examined you.
Hopefully, the cause of your symptoms will be detected.

Dr Anthony Solomon
 Blah - Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:48 pm

Will do. And Once again. Thank you soo much!
 Blah - Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:12 pm

So after a year, I finally convinced my dad to convince my mom that I need to see the doctor about this issue. Since it hasn't gotten any better. I have a doctors appointment on Monday. We'll see what is wrong with me.
 Blah - Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:54 pm

So, I went to the doctor. He thinks that I have Gastris. He gave me prescription for a generic form of Xantac. That has taken the edge off of the nausea. I still wake up to that feeling and sometimes I get it after I eat greasy foods. Not all the time though. The pain is still persistant as always. I often feel the pain under my ribs, in my kidney region, sides, back, low abdomen, pelvic area and high abdomen. My stomach is often too tender for me to sleep on it, in which case I am forced to sleep on my back. The blood work he did came back all okay. I don't understand what the problem is...

|