News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: doctor help! anorexia!

alna - Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:41 pm

i need some information on eating disorders, i'd rather keep my reason private, so if possible, could any authorized doctor answer my questions

what exactly is an eating disorder?
obesity? anorexia? binge eating? bulimia?

what is the main factor of a person developing an eating disorder?

how are female teens affected by eating disorders?

is there any treatment?

why do girls develop eating disorders more than boys?

what are the biggest types of eating disorders (most common) and where are they most commonly found?

any statistics you know of?

is there alot of deaths caused by anorexia?

thank you so much for your time and any information would be helpful. if possible, if you e-mail me back, could you send your authorization so i know i won't be thinking all the wrong stuff and the stuff that you tell me is lagit? thank you soooooo much
 Dr. Russell M - Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:16 pm

User avatar Hello alna!

I suppose this website has its own doctors who help others to get by with their problems. The profiles of the doctors can be found within the website (editorial board/member list). You can check out these profiles and decide for yourself who could be best authorized to answer your queries, and contact that doc!

Warm regards,

- Bill

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here