News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Projectile vomiting and diarrhea

hockeychic29 - Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:43 pm

About 3 weeks ago my boyfriend suffered from heat exhaustion. He worked all day in the hot sun after a night of drinking and although he drank lots water and Gatorade all day he still came home severly dehydrated. He vomited all over his room, not able to control it and the second round had blood in it. He didn't go to a doctor but toughed it out all night while he couldn't hold anything down and every muscle in his body was cramping.

Now he's definitely rehydrated (no more sunken eyes or pale skin) but he's been vomiting a lot and has watery diarrhea often. He said he's always had a bad gag reflex and that he'd gag sometimes from coughing or brushing his tongue but he'd be able to control it and will it away. Now it's one cough and he throws up right away. He did have a definite heat stroke years ago and couldn't go outside for months.

He's still drinking a lot of Gatorade for electrolytes and taking magnesium. He doesn't have insurance so he hasn't seen a doctor yet. I can't imagine a doctor could figure out what's wrong with him without running a lot of expensive tests, anyway. Any suggestions?
 quita - Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:44 pm

I am no doctor, but from what I heard, I woul definately go see one! There is no price on health. I have had some problems myself lately and have had to go to a few docs. But another thing you can try is to look up in google.com search for liver diseases and see if he has some of the same symptoms, and if it is the liver from drinking, he can take an herb called milk thistle it is for the health of liver and can help some people. I had a friend with hepititis that started taking this herb and I couldn't believe the difference! Good luck to you. I hope you find something to help! :wink:

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here