News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Liver Diseases

Question: High triglycerides, alt(sgpt), red cell count, chol/hdl

Tellesfamilia - Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:57 pm

Hello,
I guess i will start off by saying I am 23 years old, am overweight I am 5'6 and 240, have high cholestrol, I have been put on many diets and low cal diets and still continue to gain weight, I work out 1 time a day and eat very healthy. I move my bowels on adverage 8 times a day always runny or soft. My abdomin swells as if I am preganat, and stays like that for hours, and with that have pain in my r side under my breast. This is cause by eating very small amounts of food and water.Over the last month I am very run down, no engery and have pain under my r breast area, can nor sleep at night thought it was my gal bladder and that came neg, with a visit to the er. and now two months later with routne blood work, to check for thyroid problems, I now have high levels in these areas:

ALT (SGPT) is at 60
Triglycerides is at 275
HDLCholestrol is at 30, (which Is below normal)
CHOL/HDL RATIO is 5.7
Red cell count is 5.26

I do not drink, not even ocassionally, last drink I had was over five years agao, before I had my daughter. I know it may be fatty liver, I recently had another blood work to check for hepatitis, if that comes back negative the hep, and my alt levels are still high, what does that mean. And will I always be weak and tired.

One more question, a liver biospy, if needing to have that done, do pateints have pain afterwords, and can a calmant pill be prescribes to calm a patient down or would that effect the liver and also moving bowels as much as I do and it being most of the time runny like diariah what could cause that if diet and excercise are ok. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks a bunch.

Tellesfamilia - Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:33 pm

My dr called and my ALT (SGPT) are at 53 now which is still kinda high, tested neg for hepatitis a and b and need to get blood work for c. Some reason it was nto included in the blood work, well I am going to go for a ultrasound, they are thinking fatty liver, but next question would be,
with fatty liver will you ever get better are they medications you can take for that?

Thanks a bunch,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here