Question: Recurrent vomitting, daughter 11yo

marianne - Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:56 pm

My daughter,11yo,was in and out of hosp since April this yr.Her first was because of measles.After 2 wks she was admitted again bec. of vomitting.Doctors said there was fecal impaction but after finally able to defecate,she still continued to vomit.Ultrasounds,xrays,lab tests,upper gi series,proved negative.On the 6th day,she stopped vomitting,she was given antacids for 2wks.However,on the 16th day,she started vomitting again.We admitted her to a big city hospital where endoscopy, ecg and all lab tests including hepatitis were done.All were negative except for a slight esophagitis which was due to vomitting not the cause.Also a little amoeba finding in her feces but still not the cause.She was diagnosed as having illness trauma and depression after a psychiatrist saw her.We were discharged with no medication except for antacids.Upon advise,we went to see a psychiatrist after 2wks,this triggered another vomitting bout, this episode lasted 1wk.She was also positive for uti, iv antibiotics were given but follow up oral medication was not followed bec. my daughter only throws it up.She had another vomitting bout last July 9, 5 days.And again now, started the other day.All the while,she is starting to eat well again and seemed happy.However,she is distressed everytime I go out. Always calling me where I am,what time I'll be home.Last weekend,I was out of town for a check up and she was crying she didnt want me to go.Is this vomitting psychological? Or could there be another explanation, a disease that doctors fail to recognize?We live in a small city with no hospital equipped for intensive medical needs.I appeal to you who are experts in this field to please enlighten me.My daughter is already very depressed with her condition,she cried and embraced me the other day and said she doesnt want to be sick anymore, why is this happening to her all the time? She said she doesnt understand what she is feeling, is God punishing her?
 Wielly - Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:57 am

Hi Marianne,

Does your daughter have nausea before vomiting ?

Did they check for CVS ?

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/cvs/

Vomiting is triggered in the brain. Perhaps you should see a neurologist.

|