Question: Abdominal Pain

outerbanks37 - Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:28 pm

Yesterday morning, I awoke to pain in my abdomen. The right side of my abdomen feels tight and kind of hurts (like muscle pain after a workout). Occasionally there is a sharp cramp like pain that extends to the center of my abdomen. Last night, I woke up at 4am from the pain. Any ideas?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:27 pm

User avatar Dear outerbanks37,

Causes on pain in the lower right part of the abdomen include:

Appendicitis is an inflammation of the appendix, which is a small part of the large intestine in the right side. Appendicitis is a common cause of pain in the right lower part of the abdomen, and is usually associated with nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea and low grade fever.
The pain usually starts in the middle of the abdomen (para-umbilical) then localize to the lower right part of the abdomen.

If the pain is related to certain type of food, then a possibility of food allergy or intolerance is there.

Other causes include : Pelvic organs like pain due to ovarian causes, PID, etc in females. Reanal colic, urinary tract infection and Colitis in both sex.

You have to take an appointment with your doctor, for complete physical examination and
investigations.

|