News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Gastric Cancer-chemo's ending...now what

judemeister - Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:46 am

I hope someone can help us make a decision on what to do next in my husbands treatment. To give you a brief history....at 45 he had persistent stomach pain for approx. 2 years. He had a perforated ulcer in Sept of 04. He didn't seem to be getting any better post surgery so with a lot of persistance on our part he had a scope and was dx with gastric/duodenal cancer on Dec 27/04. They performed a whipple surgery on jan 7/05. When the pathology came back, it said it was poorly differenciated, adenocarcinoma, signet ring cell. There was residual tumor at the margins, on the outside of the removed organs and in the peritenium which was a result of the perfortation in Sept. He is almost finished his chemo (cisplatin,epirubisin,5-fu infusion) He is feeling pretty good considering what he has been through. He had a ct scan yesterday and our onc has given us the choice of what to do next. If the scan shows growth we can continue with the chemo to try and slow it down(it obviously isn't working if there is growth?) If there is no growth he can stop the chemo and wait until it does grow and start over, or continue with the chance that he will become resistant to the chemo. This is the only protocol available for this type of Cancer in Canada, so there is no other option to use if this one doesn't work. We would really appreciate your input on what course to take.
 quita - Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:27 pm

I am no doctor, by all means. But maybe if you try typing in cancer and cures or herbal treatment into a google search you can find some things you can get from health food stores that might help your situation. I have been having to do alot of my own research on the net through Google.com I hope you find something to help.Good Luck to you. Just an :idea:

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here