News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: blood during bowel movements

??? - Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:57 pm

For the last couple of days when i have a bowel movement I am seeing blood in the bowl. At first just a bit, then more, but then went away and came back. There was extreamly loose stool with the blood. I was told that it is more than likely just internal hemroids but then does nothing to ease my nervousness. How worried should i actually be :?: :?: :?:
 Jennifer R.N. - Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:14 pm

Is your stool just streaked with blood or are you passing frank bloody stool? Is it bright red or is your stool black and tarry? If it's bright red streaks then I would say it's only hemmorroids and don't worry about it. If they're painful there are over the counter medications you can buy. If you have black tarry stool or are passing red bloody stool then see your doctor right away. You could have a upper or lower GI bleed. Hope this helps some.
 spongebob - Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:41 am

for the last 2 months i have noticed that after my monthly period, about the time i am ovulating, whenever i have a bowel movement there is blood. i goes away within a week. i am not constipated, but my bowel movements are sometimes hard. is this something to be concered about

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here