Question: blood during bowel movements

??? - Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:57 pm

For the last couple of days when i have a bowel movement I am seeing blood in the bowl. At first just a bit, then more, but then went away and came back. There was extreamly loose stool with the blood. I was told that it is more than likely just internal hemroids but then does nothing to ease my nervousness. How worried should i actually be :?: :?: :?:
 Jennifer R.N. - Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:14 pm

Is your stool just streaked with blood or are you passing frank bloody stool? Is it bright red or is your stool black and tarry? If it's bright red streaks then I would say it's only hemmorroids and don't worry about it. If they're painful there are over the counter medications you can buy. If you have black tarry stool or are passing red bloody stool then see your doctor right away. You could have a upper or lower GI bleed. Hope this helps some.
 spongebob - Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:41 am

for the last 2 months i have noticed that after my monthly period, about the time i am ovulating, whenever i have a bowel movement there is blood. i goes away within a week. i am not constipated, but my bowel movements are sometimes hard. is this something to be concered about