Question: gall bladder disease and when to know when it's really bad

kiernouls - Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:15 am

help me....... i have been in the emergency room a numerous amount of times for my gall bladder. i am a 23 year old female in good shape. everytime i go in they say it needs to be taken out but because i don't have any insurance yet they wont do it. however for the past day or so, my side has really been hurting me. and then today when i woke up its very tender i feel nauseaus and have really bad diareah. sorry about the spelling. this has been going on since feb. and my primary doctor has looked at my results and has said that i am a walking time bomb. how will i know that there really is something wrong to the point where i have to go to the er and scream until they take it out? what are some of the symptoms that show signs of the gall bladder rupturing? could you please help me out? thanks.
 mango1 - Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:57 am

I cannot believe that a hospital will not take the gallbladder out because you have no insurance.have you talked to your doctor about what he can do?My understanding is a hospital cannot refuse to treat you if it is a dire situation.Are you perhaps elgible for something like medicaid?You could try the local health dept. for some anwsers.Or I would start trying other area hospitals.
On the other note on how bad it gets befor it needs to be taken out....I just had mine removed and towards the end(before it cameout)I was having HORRIBLE left sided chest pain along with what felt like spasms in same area.The pathology came back as chronic cholecytis(I'm sure I spelled that wrong!),and that it showed repeated attacks of infection.
You really need to start complaing to get something done,I've found that it's the only way toresolve anything!!Sad to say.
Hope I gave you some ideas. :) [/b]
 krissyleewicked - Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:05 pm

HI- That is absolutely uneithical if they are telling you that. A hospital is suppose to treat you..what happens if your gallbladder ruptures or becomes worse.????? I would try going to another hospital my dear or is there anyway you could apply for MEDICAID In your state or possibley purchase some short term medical insurance. There are many companies over the internet, My suggestion would be go to the Emergency room of a teaching hospital in your area and have them evaluate you ASAP!!!

|