Question: four months of stomach pain everywhere

GodChaser - Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:47 pm

hi.. i have been having stomach problems for four months. it started out with just an acid feeling in my upper stomach area and throat but then its turned into pain. the pain varies sharp, or shooting most of the time. i have been to the dr and they have put me on prevacid and took me off that and on nexium. both of which don't seem to help much at all. i have had blood work done gall bladder ultra sound and and upper GI and normal x rays. so far all of the test have come back negative and there is still no diagnosis. this has gone on for so long and it is getting worse. i am to see a specialist later this month. im keeping positive but it always helps to know what the deal is, if anyone can help me thatd be wonderful
God Bless
 Najah - Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:37 am

Hi
Consult agastroenterologist and i think he may order an uppe GI endoscopy to reach the diagnosis which is more accurate than x-ray in these cases.
 GodChaser - Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:35 pm

hi.. i am scheduled to see one at the end of the month. i have one question...i had an upper GI and i will probably have the endoscopy done. is it possible that the upper GI didnt catch something on the more serious terms( mostly gastric cancer or along those lines) that the endoscopy could find. thank you for replying to the first one.
God Bless

|